Nurses are at the heart of our health care system and Lambton College can play a vital role in your success in the health care profession. Come and experience the importance of smaller class sizes and individual attention as you gain valuable hands-on experience in state-of-the-art labs and facilities. Lambton College is proud to offer practical learning experiences in its human simulation lab, where students work with high fidelity mannequins that can breathe, talk, produce vital signs and simulate the birthing process. Let us make your learning experience a truly unique and rewarding one.
Please feel free to learn more about the unique partnership between Lambton College and University of Windsor by clicking on the History of Collaboration
of the BSCN program, specific Program Outcomes
and the BEVIS-Based Curriculum
The admission requirements for applicants to the BScN program will be those prevailing at the University of Windsor.
O.S.S.D. or equivalent with:
Six level 4 courses from the U or M stream and an overall average of 72% minimum including:
Grade 12 English U
Grade 12 Biology U SBI4U*
Grade 12 Chemistry U SCH4U*
*minimum requirement is a science average of 70%
There are three types of applicants to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program. Please see below for description and application requirements.
Direct Applicant: Includes those applicants applying directly from a Canadian high school. These applicants must have their high school transcript submitted to ontariocolleges.ca.
Indirect Applicants: Includes applicants not applying directly from a Canadian high school and applicants returning to high school or an adult training centre to upgrade high school marks. These applicants must:
- Have their high school transcript submitted to ontariocolleges.ca.
- Submit a formal resume to the Office of the Registrar at Lambton College detailing a breakdown of activities from high school to present day.
- Submit all official post-secondary transcripts to the Ontario College Application Service (OCAS). Transcripts can be ordered through OCAS. Note: Applicants must be in good standing and meet minimum grade requirements.
- Submit two letters of reference directly to the Office of the Registrar - Lambton College. These letters can be from any source the applicant deems important.
- Indirect applicants with a university history are required to have a min. 72% overall average and be in good standing with the university* *Pre-Health Science - Nursing (PNSG) applicants from St. Clair College or Lambton College (with a university history) will be considered based on their PNSG grades.
Pre-Health Sciences (BScN) Applicants from Lambton or St. Clair Colleges ONLY: Graduates of the Pre-Health Sciences (BScN) program need an overall GPA of 2.7, a minimum grade of 70% (B-) in Biology (over the two terms) and a minimum grade of 70% (B-) in Chemistry (over the two terms). All courses must be completed by the end of the winter term. Applicants also need to submit transcripts from either Lambton College or St. Clair College and two letters of reference which can be from any source the applicant deems important.
GRADUATION & PROGRESSION REQUIREMENTS
Please refer to the program map for any program graduation requirements.
Upon successfully completing this program graduates are eligible to write the Canadian Registered Nurse Exam. This program is accredited by the Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing.